- Manage and Operate OSS – Overview
- Manage and Operate OSS – Concepts
- Manage and Operate OSS – Bucket Operations
- Manage and Operate OSS – Object Operations
- Manage and Operate OSS – Image Processing
- Manage and Operate OSS – Web Hosting and Monitoring
- Manage and Operate OSS – Security Features
- Manage and Operate OSS – Quiz
Alibaba cloud object storage service (OSS) is a secure and cost-effective object storage service that offers 99.9999999999% (twelve 9’s) of data durability and 99.995% of data availability. OSS provides multiple storage classes to help you manage and reduce storage costs.
What is OSS?
Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS) is a storage service that enables you to store, back up, and archive any amount of data in the cloud. OSS is a cost-effective, highly secure, and highly reliable cloud storage solution. It uses restful apis and provides 99.9999999999% (12 nines) durability (designed for) and 99.995% availability or service continuity (designed for).
Using OSS, you can store and retrieve any type of data at any time, from anywhere on the web.
You can use API and SDK interfaces provided by Alibaba Cloud or OSS migration tools to transfer massive amounts of data into or out of Alibaba Cloud OSS. You can use the Standard storage class of OSS to store image, audio, and video files for apps and large websites. You can use the Infrequent Access (IA) or Archive storage class as a low-cost solution for backup and archiving of infrequently accessed data.
After you upload your data to OSS, you can use it with other Alibaba Cloud products and services.
The following services are frequently used with OSS:
- Image processing service (IMG): A service that allows you to perform various operations on images stored in OSS, including format converting, resizing, cropping, rotating, and adding watermarks. For more information, see Image processing.
- Elastic Compute Service (ECS): A cloud computing service that offers elastic and efficient computing capability. For more information, see ECS product details page.
- Alibaba Cloud cdn: A content delivery service that caches the resources on the original site to edge nodes in different regions for quick access. For more information, see CDN product details page.
- E-MapReduce: A big data processing system solution built on ECS. It is based on Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark to facilitate your data analysis and processing. For more information, see E-MapReduce product details page.
- ApsaraVideo Media Processing: A cloud service that converts audio and video stored in OSS into formats suitable for playing on PCs, TVs, and mobile devices. On the basis of deep learning of large amounts of data, it performs multi-model analysis based on the content, text, audio, scenario of audio/video files; it is able to intelligently detect, understand, and edit content. For more information, see ApsaraVideo Media Processing product details page.
- Manage OSS in the OSS console
- Manage OSS through APIs or SDKs
- Manage OSS by using tools